BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My Favorite Movie

I'm a HUGE fan of films. Oldies, releases, whatever comes my way I'll watch, that's why when it comes to movies it is very difficult for me to think about one in specific that I prefer. One of my favorite movies that I can recall at the moment is "The Secret Life of Bees". This movie, with a beautiful plot and talented cast, make the tough hearted like me shed a river of tears.

"The Secret Life of Bees" is based on a historical novel with the same name by Sue Monk Kidd. It was published in 2002 and received much critical acclaim as well as a spot on the New York Times Bestsellers. The story which is set in 1964 is developed around Lily Owens (Dakota Fanning) a 14 year-old girl who is haunted by the memory of her dead mother. To get away from her abusive father, Lily flees with Rosaleen, her caregiver and only friend, to a South Carolina town that holds the secret to her mother's past. Taken in by the intelligent and independent Boatwright sisters (Queen Latifah, Alicia Keys, Sophie Okonedo), Lily finds solace in their mesmerizing world of beekeeping. From the deepest part of my heart I recommend everyone to watch this mesmerizing film.

0 comments: